oh my mary yes.
You have no idea how big Mary is in Ireland. I live around the corner from a legion of Mary sect place. She’s super rad.
1. Why are my students so obsessed with guns and violence?
2. Listening to two 5th graders argue about what is and is not a war crime is both interesting and disturbing. When I was in 5th grade, I don’t think I had ever heard the phrase “war crime.” These kids be smarties.
I got into Grinnell College and got a shit-ton of financial aid! I’m so excited! (: I can’t properly described how I feel about this news. (:
Philadelphia: High school students walk out of class and march to City Hall to protest severe budget cuts and planned school closings, May 9, 2013.
The budget cuts are absolutely horrific. Here are some of the proposed changes:
- Schools with more than 1,000 students would no longer be required to have librarians or librarian assistants.
- Schools would no longer be required to have counselors, and counselors’ caseloads would no longer be capped.
- Teachers could be assigned to unlimited classes outside their subject area, and high school teachers could be assigned an extra class without pay. There would be no limit on amount of consecutive time taught in a school day.
- There would be no limit on class size
- The district would no longer be required to provide copy machines, or “a sufficient number of instructional materials and textbooks.”
- Counselors would no longer be guaranteed to have rooms with privacy and confidentiality, a telephone, a locked filing cabinet and a door.
There’s more here.
Again, every time I see stuff about this, I’m like “We shouldn’t be calling him ‘Mayor Nutter’ come on guys we’re better than that” and then I realize, again, that it’s his real name. Um, but for real. These budget cuts are downright cruel.